It might not seem obvious at first, but hunting safaris play a vital role in the conservation of every African species. With grasslands taken up by farming and the reduction of large predators, carefully controlled hunting practices control populations and provide vital support to local economies. Regulations are strict, and there are only specific locations and times when certain animals can be hunted.
We cater for hunts from a minimum of 7 days to the ideal period of 10 days. The maximum number of 6-8 hunters at any one time can be accommodated, Kei River Hunting Safaris has fully qualified, experienced professional hunters and trackers in our employ. We also use freelance professional hunters for bigger split groups.
Our clients are familiar with their own weapons so bring them along with you. The ideal weapons are 7.62, 270, 30-06, 7.64, 7mm Mag, 300 Win Mag and 340 Weatherby.
Hunting Price List 2013:
Pricelist on request
Daily Rates and Trophy Fees:
All tarrifs are based on current exchange rates and are subject to change without prior notice.
Daily Rates Include:
- Hunters are met at the East London airport
- The services of the trained trackers, skinners and camp staff
- Licensed and experienced professional hunters with equipped hunting vehicles
- All accommodation during safari
- All catering, softdrinks and S.A. alcoholic beverages, in moderation
- Field preparation of trophies (Skinning & Salting)
- Cost of local hunting licenses
- Daily laundry service
- 14% Vat
Daily Rates Exclude:
- Hotel accommodation before and after safari
- Aircraft charter or car hire during hunt
- Exporting of trophies or other personal goods
- All CITIES license fees (the hunting of any listed cities 1 animal, it is the clients responsibility to apply for permits to import into his/her own country of domicile before safari commences)
- Rifle hire and ammunition at replacement value
- Gratuities to staff
These daily rates only apply to trophy hunts taken off the price sheet, packages are inclusive of daily rates. Please contact us should you have any questions regarding custom packages and/or available dates.
Terms of Business:
- A deposit of 40% of the total daily rate is required to confirm reservation.
- Only payment with travelers cheques or cash will be accepted. (NO PERSONAL CHEQUES)
- All other costs incurred during a hunting safari, together with trophy fees are payable upon completion of the Safari.
- Should a cancellation occur 60 days before commencement of the Safari, the deposit less any expenses incurred will be refunded.
- Trips may be cancelled due to weather conditions with your deposit either being refunded or trip changed to a later date.
- No refunds are allowed for late arrivals or early departures.
- Advanced bookings are advisable.
- It is essential for clients to advise species required and the order of preference PRIOR TO HUNT.
Click HERE for more details on your Professional Hunters.
Where every effort is made to ensure the Hunting clients safety, no responsibility is accepted for any illness, accident or loss. It will be expected of the hunting clients to sign an indemnity form before commencing the Safari.
Click HERE for information regarding your firearms.
Click HERE to download your invitation letter.